Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC- VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR- LOWELL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Salary: $908.00 BI-WEEKLY
Posting Closing Date: 05/23/2017
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Internal opportunity- You must be currently employed with the Florida Department of Corrections to be considered for this position.
Vocational Food Service Coordinator F/C -70042434
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at Lowell Correctional Institution in the Food Service Department. This is not a Classroom Position.
SALARY WILL BE $908.00 BI-WEEKLY.
- Must have one year of food service experience or six months of correctional food service experience.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
- Must be currently employed with FDC.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for daily meal preparation including production and meal service to the inmate population. This includes interpreting and complying with OSHA and related health and food service standards. Handles raw and cooked food in accordance with sanitation standards
- Supervises the inmate food service worker in food production, preparation, kitchen sanitation, etc. Prepares meals in accordance with the Departments master menu manual and master menu recipes.
- Acts as the food service weekend manager on duty as necessary.
- Maintains professional food service management certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to speak clearly and correctly to individuals and groups.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced kitchen environment.
- Ability to produce quality meals to be served on time to the inmate population.
If you experience problems applying on-line, please call People First service center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 15237668 ocala