Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:02 AM
Boys & Girls Clubs mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. You will be responsible for bringing this mission to life in this community, as you work to ensure that the kids and teens in your care achieve great futures by providing a safe and fun space and an engaging Club Experience, while leading a team of caring professionals who guide them along the way.
We are looking for candidates that will lead the overall planning and operation of the organization while providing leadership, direction and support to the Board of Directors.
This position is responsible for directing the Club's resource development activities, major gifts programs, annual fund development and donor relations.
The Executive Director will manage all functions of a youth, not-for-profit organization. The position creates, trains, and coaches a successful team through the development of staff. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
Requirements KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred or five years of experience leading and managing teams.
- Ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations in a multi-unit organization.
- Leadership skills, including problem solving, decision making, and delegation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; ability to speak effectively and persuasively to groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated competency and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Experience supervising professionals and other staff/volunteers who may be in distant subunits of the organization.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of non-profit organizations and of management; also resource development activities and sources of funding.
- Experience with fund development and volunteer leadership.
- Must have proven ability to build collaborative relationships, community partners and networking groups to accomplish goals.
- Must be detailed and multi-task orientated with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local community and organizations preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities in a high energy environment
- Ability to go above and beyond standard job responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Experience developing strategic partnerships
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives long term
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of an organization
DO NOT APPLY ON BGCA WEBSITE.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
• Location: Ocala
• Post ID: 21198682 ocala