Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: HEALTH SUPPORT SPECIALIST - 64041564
Posting Closing Date: 02/23/2018
Maintains current knowledge of the Federal WIC program regulations including WIC memos, WIC FL-WISE system guide and the DOH Manual 150-24. Accurately compiles and records income, demographic and other information necessary to determine WIC program eligibility and advises WIC participants of their rights and obligations according to federal guidelines. Ensures that the Florida voter registration group or individual is completed accurately. Issues WIC EBT card benefits. Conducts secondary low risk nutrition education contacts in relationship with staff and the public. Assist in decreasing non participation by contacting clients for appointments who appear on related reports such as the No Show and Clients Eligible for benefits reports. Obtains accurate data on height and weight measurements performed on women, infants, and children. Performs hematocrit/hemoglobin testing and records results electronically in the FL-WISE system. Cleans equipment and area where blood work is done daily. Maintains Universal Precautions in completing HST function. Follows established guidelines and standards for safety in handling equipment, biological specimens and waste products to prevent exposure to blood borne pathogens. Completes lab/anthro and immunization sections in FL-WISE system.
- All employees are expected to complete timesheets and EARs/DARs as required, both accurately and within the required timeframe.
- All employees are expected to complete mandatory trainings within the required timeframe, as deemed necessary by the Department, the Delegated Authority, grant requirements and/or Florida Statutes.
- Incumbent will have access to records containing social security numbers in the performance of job duties
Must have at least one year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite or any other computer programs. Must be willing to travel to different sites. Must have experience obtaining Lab and Anthropometric measurements,experience determining eligibility for any programs i.e. SNAP or Medicaid preferred. Experience working with children preferred. Experience providing services to a diverse customer base preferred. Experience using and maintaining an inventory system preferred.
All applications must be completed online through People First. No faxed or mailed applications will be accepted by the agency.
**NOTE: Yourresponses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process. **
This position requires a security background check and participation in direct deposit.
Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: (link removed)
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
Department of Health Career Service employees enjoy the following benefits:
- State of Florida Retirement package - 3% employee contribution required
- 9 Annual paid holidays
- Ability to earn 104 hours of paid Annual Leave (annually)
- Ability to earn 104 Hours of paid Sick Leave (annually)
- Health insurance for individual or family coverage
- Life insurance
- Additional supplemental insurances available such as dental, disability, etc.
- Tax Deferred Medical and Child Care Reimbursement Accounts available
- Tuition waiver available
Your take home pay can be significantly influenced by your insurance premiums. Compare your current premium with the State of Florida employee premiums!
Monthly employee premium for the standard PPO/HMO:
Single coverage is $50
Family coverage is $180
Monthly employee premium for the High Deductible Health Plan PPO/HMO:
Single coverage is $15
Family coverage is $64.30
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations, and perform anthropometric, hematological processes.
- Knowledge of the procedures and practices for receiving and disbursing WIC EBT cards.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner, maintain records, organize and coordinate work assignments, communicate, maintain effective working relations and good rapport.
Knowledge of the Florida Paraprofessional WIC modules
(Duties and Responsibilities)
or contact us at email@example.com
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org