GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information for Parallon client Hospitals. Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
* Verify all insurance information and obtain pre-certification/authorization
* Calculate, collect and process patient responsibility payments. Prepare daily deposits and maintains the integrity of the cash drawer
* Answer any questions and explain policies clearly
* Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
* Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
* Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical information with insurance and financial information
* Assign Insurance-plans accurately and research Patient Visit History to comply with the Medicare 72 hour rule
* Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of necessary identification and insurance cards.
* Explain policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
* Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
* Other duties as assigned
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08945-126111&lang=en
• Post ID: 15110488 ocala