Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 7:08 PM
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
· Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
· Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
· Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
· Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
· 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures
Summary of Duties:
The Provider Solutions Specialist is an integral role for HCA IT&S. Using a balanced combination of customer service,
project management, sales, leadership, training, and technology skills, this role serves as the primary training and
support resource for providers in the healthcare setting. The role requires working closely with providers, but also
involves working with an ecosystem of healthcare professionals including provider office personnel, Medical Staff
Office, Provider Relations, Clinical Services, facility leaders, and others. Responsibilities include assisting providers
throughout the healthcare continuum from the introduction to adoption and advancing utilization of HCA
technologies. Duties also include ensuring providers (and personnel) have training and instruction on how to access
and effectively utilize healthcare technologies and responding to, triaging, and delivering seamless coordination for
provider support needs. The Provider Solutions Specialist will maintain collaborative relationships and engage across
business units to enhance the provider experience with technologies and communicate key provider technology
enablers. This role is responsible for understanding the dynamic landscape of Health IT, various digital access
points, and common clinical workflows.
Supervisor (Varies by Division):
- Director, Physician Support
- Manager, Physician Support
- Director, Application Services
Duties Include, and are not limited to:
1. Implementation/Change Management:
a) Assists in implementation and support of systems and technologies deployed to physicians and
b) Active participation in projects that affect physicians
c) Installs and supports IT&S software per HCA and Division IT&S standards and guidelines, focusing on
products HCA provides to support the physician community.
d) Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of providerfacing
equipment and technologies.
e) Assists in testing physician-related systems for facility-specific requirements.
f) Works to develop and deploy best practices for physician support.
2. Support Requests:
a) Proactively rounds in the facility and physician practices to ensure physician support needs are
identified and addressed
b) Provides physician technology support to facility-based and referring physicians.
c) Coordinates physician and physician office service requests and incident resolutions through the
Division Service Desk. Reviews problem tracking databases.
d) Documents interactions with physician and physician teams to confirm needs are met and report issues
to other teams
e) Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries. Determines appropriate
technical group or vendor to resolve the problem and coordinates as needed.
f) Monitors and communicates trends and issues that may affect administration/physician relationships.
g) Provides timely response and resolution to provider issues identified and reported in GrowthLink, as
h) Provides on-call support as needed.
i) Serves as a subject-matter expert for provider support to the Service Desk Community.
a) Collects, validates, and appropriately routes documentation to support system access, confidentiality,
information protection and security compliance.
b) Assures providers and staff have access to appropriate patient data.
c) Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
d) As directed, conducts or assists with access reviews and audits.
e) Tracks, monitors, and enhances provider utilization of HCA technologies, by offering at the elbow
support and one-on-one training.
a) Contributes to division and facility strategic planning with regard physician product lines.
b) Acts as an advocate for physicians and physician office staff needs.
c) Provides an overview of provider-facing technology solutions to Provider Relations team.
d) Serves in liaison role for all new provider-related applications.
e) Works with Provider Relations and Medical Staff Teams to ensure the accuracy or physician data and
physician group listings in HCA systems.
1. Responsible for planning, developing, tracking and delivery of training for providers, hospital business
partners, and physician office staff on new and current applications and workflows.
2. Develop, maintain and customize educational material for new HCA IT&S solutions and application
enhancements to reflect facility or physician-specific needs.
3. Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, train-the-trainer, and special training courses as needed.
4. Ability to train in a multitude of settings and leverage existing technology to meet the needs of the audience
or customer base.
5. Ability to execute testing procedure training plans, conduct pilot trainings, and provide feedback to project
lead to better serve our HCA business partners.
6. Ability to learn application functionality in order to effectively train others in how to install and manage the
application on their own device.
1. Partners with facility and division colleagues to enable a successful physician experience and foster
improved customer service interactions
2. Effectively communicates with customers, maintaining positive body language with confidence and patience.
3. Follows up, post issue resolution, to complete customer service cycle
4. Seeks feedback through customer interaction to identify areas of improvement
5. Makes realistic commitments to customers and keeps promises
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=25474-10901&lang=en
• Location: Ocala
• Post ID: 15255948 ocala