Agency: Juvenile Justice
Working Title: FOOD SUPPORT WORKER - 80082759
Salary: $702.27 Bi-weekly
Posting Closing Date: 05/15/2017
The Department of Juvenile Justice salutes our heroes.
We are honored to have the opportunity to support our nations veterans and their families.
We value the service given to our country and support the hiring of service members and military spouses.
LOCATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
Location: Marion Regional Juvenile Detention Center, Ocala, Florida
Starting Salary: $702.27 Bi-weekly.(In accordance with current spending restrictions, an internal promotion into the position will be filled at the minimum of the pay grade or up to 5% of the employees current rate, whichever is higher.)
Contact Person: Lissette Godfrey,(352) 732-1450,Extension 228
- Responsible for storage, preparation and serving of food to youth and staff in a secure facility. Works at all assigned stations in the food service area. Prepares all types of foods from preliminary stage and cooks those foods to a finished state. Prepares and cooks all foods and supplemental items necessary for all diets.
- Prepares food in accordance to recipe and pull sheets.
- Responsible for following set menu or special diet order as directed by the Food Service Director or other administrative staff. Interprets the menu and correctly fill youth and staff meals according to the established menu.
- Sets up and breaks down food service line as assigned.
- Responsible for specific general cleaning duties in the general kitchen, storage, dish room and food service line. Responsible for using appropriate cleaning products and following instructions provided on the cleaning products. Washes dishes, pots, pans, and other utensils following approved sanitation methods. Carry trash and/or refuse to garbage disposal and dumpster. Clean trash cans. Assist in the unloading and loading of delivery trucks.
- Responsible for completing documentation for Child Nutrition Programs; temperature logs, storage records and production records.
- Responsible for assisting in or conducting inventory of food, supplies, small wares and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to use all food service equipment. May be asked to use a food processor, slicer, fryer or mixer to prepare meals.
- Adheres to appropriate food safety guidelines during all stages of cooking, storing and cleaning process. Must be able to understand and follow Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point requirements.
- Verifies that foods are stored, prepared and served at the accurate temperatures. Prepares assigned reports to support that accurate temperatures are followed.
- Attends training as needed and incorporates information learned into daily job duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to utilize equipment required for the position.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods, some heavy lifting, pulling and squatting.
- This ability requires basic mathematical skills, measuring, adding, and deducting.
- Must be knowledgeable of and understand general food safety and sanitation practices.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Listening to what other people are saying and asking questions as appropriate.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including needs alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge of the equipment, procedures and techniques used in food preparation.
- Knowledge of the procedures for maintaining sanitary working conditions.
- Be at least 19 years old.
- One year of food service experience; or completion of a program of study from a vocational/technical school in a food service area.
- Employees in this position will be required to work overtime with little or no notice and may be required to flex out or after work schedules.
- Due to the facility hours of 24/7, this position requires shift schedules and employees are required to work a shift schedule, which includes rotating shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays with varying days off.
- Applicants must successfully complete a drug screening and background screening prior to employment.
- All prospective applicants will be subject to a sex offender check, criminal background checks (state, local, and national) and pre-employment drug screening.
- This employer participates in E-Verify (Employment Eligibility).
- When identified on a position description, a valid drivers license is required.If initially hired with an out-of-state license, the Florida resident must obtain a valid Florida state drivers license within 30 days of hire. Licenses suspended or revoked
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 15011073 ocala